Ray Quinn Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solo tour reviews

+3
molly1336
aztechia
lolsaz
7 posters

Go down

Solo tour reviews Empty Solo tour reviews

Post by lolsaz Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:53 am

Copied from the official site, again

Lynseys Aberdeen review

Well I think I'm the only one on the forum that went to the Aberdeen concert tonight so heres my review.

I arrived at about 7:10ish and bought a poster (the one with the 'RQ' initials in the corner, a mug and a flashing light for me and Chloe.
So, we sat down in our seats, 3 rows from the back and we could see perfectly, they were middle aisle seats so had no one in our way.

Laura Chritchley (sorry I can't spell..) came on and sang some lovely songs then half way through she told us Lauren Rose was ill and wouldn't be performing so she sang a couple more songs. After she sang we went out on the foyer and got a flyer signed and then we came back in and waited for Ray.
Ray came on and had a chat with us, first thing he said was 'Fit like Ayyberdeen?' and we all laughed because thats what we speak like accept his accent was well, a bit off but got us laughing and then he sang a couple songs and then he goes 'I was sight-seeing around Ayyberdeen today and I noticed something, that all the houses are made of granite' (but he said granite like Gra-Night' so obviously we all laughed again. Then he said 'I'm going to get my house built of granite just for all you folk in Ayyberdeen' and we all cheered. Then he was speaking about the X-Factor and someone on the balcony shouted 'You should of won!' and everyone went mad and cheered and he goes 'Cheers love.'
So then he sang lots more as you can imagine and I'm sure you all know the set list by now but the best was yet to come.
Afterwards we went round the back stage door to wait for Ray and the security guy said 'I can't promise Ray will come out but maybe.' so we waited around and then I started to panic that we didn't have a pen and then his manager came out and gave the 'No personal pictures, queue nicely' speech and then I shouted 'Will he have a pen?' and he said 'Oh so we have to supply the pens now?' and laughed. Then he came out and everyone went WILD. Chloe went first and got her ticket signed then I went up and he signed my banner and then I goes 'Since I can't have a photo with you can I at least get a hug?' and he said 'Course you can!' and I hugged him and fell down a step and he said 'Watch yourself love!' and stopped me from falling flat on my face

I am actually on a high right now, was amazing!
lolsaz
lolsaz
Secret Twin 1

https://rayquinn.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Solo tour reviews Empty Re: Solo tour reviews

Post by lolsaz Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:55 am

Annie's Sheffield Review

Well what an amazing night! I went with my friend Dot and her daughter Jennie. Dot and I had booked our tickets around March and a few months later Jennie decided she wanted to go. Unfortunately the nearest vacant seat was in the next block to us!

We had just got settled when I realised I hadn't bought a programme so went back downstairs. A man was buying one and said to the girl "Do you like Ray?" and she said "Not really, I'd rather have Leona"

There was quite a few empty seats about, both in the row in front of us and next to Jennie. (We were in the circle).So Dot said when the girls singers have finished we'll go over and sit with Jennie. So we did. We'd only been there a few minutes and three women walked in and said "Excuse me, these are our seats" so we went back to our own seats again! Actually lots of people started walking in and the empty seats started to fill up (Down in the stalls aswell).

Well of course RAY came on and it was so amazing after all this time of seeing him on TV and video clips to actually be seeing him LIVE What an amazing performer he is, not just the singing but the way he constantly chats with the audience.

Oh when he sang 'Home' he said "This is a Michael Buble song. It was going to be on my album, but didn't happen".

He said "Do you all love X Factor?" and the audience all cheered. "Are you watching the new one?" and they cheered again. "What do you think?" and a few people booed!! Ray said "I wasn't expecting that!" Then he said "Did you enjoy it when I was on it?" and everyone cheered again! (Someone shouted out 'You should have won it!').

The little girl he had on stage was nine years old. He asked where she was from and she said Scarborough. He said to the audience "Anyone from Scarborough?" and no-one answered, so he said to her "Have you come on your own?" and the audience laughed!

He finally said "This is my final song" (It was 'My Way') and I thought "He hasn't sung 'You'll Never Walk Alone'". I knew he did an encore with 'New York New York', so did that mean he wasn't singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'? I was really disappointed.

Anyway he came back, with the white suit, and Kirsty and Helen in the amazing showgirl costumes. Sang 'New York New York'. Then he said my final song is a sad song, and it means a lot to me...and I thought 'Yay!' - 'cos he sang "You'll Never Walk Alone"! All the people in the stalls were on their feet - maybe half the people in the circle, but not in the bit where I was sitting and I didn't want to be the only one It was a brilliant end to the concert!

Oh I noticed when he wore the hat to 'Mr Bojangles' it was all glittery - you can't really tell from the video clips

If I could describe Ray in a few words, I'd say:

TALENTED....PROFESSIONAL....

NATURAL SHOWMAN....BORN PERFORMER

After the show Jennie told us the women who arrived late (sat next to her) had travelled from Grimsby. They'de already seen him there and now come to see him in Sheffield!

Oh during the Elvis medley, he flipped Kirsty over his back but sort of lifted Helen onto his hip.

Also if you look at Tour Credits on the programme you will see 'Dancers Costumes: Val Quinn'! Clever lady!

A brilliant night!!
lolsaz
lolsaz
Secret Twin 1

Back to top Go down

Post by lolsaz Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:57 am

Mollys review Poole Lighthouse

OMG He was absolutley amazing !
my mate came round mine to get ready, and we sprayed our hair pink and did our banner and stuff..(as you do!)
Then we put his album on and i was going absolutley mad !! I couldn't stay still and i felt sick with excitement !
My mate was looking forward to it, but she's not really a massive fan ! If you know what i mean !
Then We went to Poole Lighthouse, and by this time i thought i was going to be literally sick with pure exctiement ! lol
We got in and went to get aprogramme (tenner!!) but i got one anyway, thanks to you lot who told me it was worth buying
I got a poster and stuff aswell (luv the picture on the poster eh?) lol
I asked the man behind the table if he had met Ray, and he goes
"oh yeah, he was out here 10 minutes ago, he looks so grown up for seventeen"
and then i go to him
"he is not seventeen actually, (and laughed)"
and he goes to me, "dont argue with me, ive met him and he is seventeen" so i just walked away and gave him the evils !! lol
Then i asked the security guard if Ray was out there ten minutes ago, and he said that ray hadn't been out all evening !! So i dont know what that man was talking about to be honest !
Then we went and sat down, and i was so excited ! Me and my mate had out pink cowboy hats on and our banner ready (which said YEAH BABY) and i warned the people sitting next to me that i would be screaming a lot !! lol
Then Lauren rose came on, she was fab ! I love 70s Disco! The dancers were amazing ! She was saying how she was sad her first tour was at an end, and sayin thanks to ray for having her there e.t.c, and then introduced Laura. She was a good singer, but didnt really appeal to me, if you know what i mean. So me and my friend went to the toilet to find Lauren Rose outside, so we got her to sign our programmes, and she was chattin to us for a bit, because it wasnt the interval yet !
Anyway..fast forward the interval (at this point i was actually going mad!)
Then it all goes dark again ! I was screaming so loudly, and everyone else was silent waiting for him to come on ! I was like COME ON RAY YOU FITTIE!!and then he appears behind the dancers and i was going mad! My friend thought i was having a heart attack !
His first song was crazy little thing called love, which was fab ! I loved the glasses he wore !
Anyway, he went on to say how emotional he felt that it was his last date, and how he wanted this one to be the best ! (as im sure he said at all the other dates!) and then i screamed at the top of my voice I LOVE YOU RAY and help my banner up, and he goes "cheers, yeah baby" (from my banner!)
I was well chuffed, and he winked at me lol !
Anyway, the whole night was awesome, and YNWA was so great, we were all standing up, and he seemed completely blown away !
There was a little tear at the end, just before he went off, and i was crying too !!
The someone screamed "when is your next album out?" and he goes, next year luv, and we all cheered !!
It was the best night of my life, and i will never forget it,
Thanks to Ray and Lauren Rose, its definatley a night i will always remember !
I didnt want it to end !
lolsaz
lolsaz
Secret Twin 1

Back to top Go down

Post by aztechia Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:27 am

lolsaz wrote:Mollys review Poole Lighthouse

OMG He was absolutley amazing !
my mate came round mine to get ready, and we sprayed our hair pink and did our banner and stuff..(as you do!)
Then we put his album on and i was going absolutley mad !! I couldn't stay still and i felt sick with excitement !
My mate was looking forward to it, but she's not really a massive fan ! If you know what i mean !
Then We went to Poole Lighthouse, and by this time i thought i was going to be literally sick with pure exctiement ! lol
We got in and went to get aprogramme (tenner!!) but i got one anyway, thanks to you lot who told me it was worth buying
I got a poster and stuff aswell (luv the picture on the poster eh?) lol
I asked the man behind the table if he had met Ray, and he goes
"oh yeah, he was out here 10 minutes ago, he looks so grown up for seventeen"
and then i go to him
"he is not seventeen actually, (and laughed)"
and he goes to me, "dont argue with me, ive met him and he is seventeen" so i just walked away and gave him the evils !! lol
Then i asked the security guard if Ray was out there ten minutes ago, and he said that ray hadn't been out all evening !! So i dont know what that man was talking about to be honest !
Then we went and sat down, and i was so excited ! Me and my mate had out pink cowboy hats on and our banner ready (which said YEAH BABY) and i warned the people sitting next to me that i would be screaming a lot !! lol
Then Lauren rose came on, she was fab ! I love 70s Disco! The dancers were amazing ! She was saying how she was sad her first tour was at an end, and sayin thanks to ray for having her there e.t.c, and then introduced Laura. She was a good singer, but didnt really appeal to me, if you know what i mean. So me and my friend went to the toilet to find Lauren Rose outside, so we got her to sign our programmes, and she was chattin to us for a bit, because it wasnt the interval yet !
Anyway..fast forward the interval (at this point i was actually going mad!)
Then it all goes dark again ! I was screaming so loudly, and everyone else was silent waiting for him to come on ! I was like COME ON RAY YOU FITTIE!!and then he appears behind the dancers and i was going mad! My friend thought i was having a heart attack !
His first song was crazy little thing called love, which was fab ! I loved the glasses he wore !
Anyway, he went on to say how emotional he felt that it was his last date, and how he wanted this one to be the best ! (as im sure he said at all the other dates!) and then i screamed at the top of my voice I LOVE YOU RAY and help my banner up, and he goes "cheers, yeah baby" (from my banner!)
I was well chuffed, and he winked at me lol !
Anyway, the whole night was awesome, and YNWA was so great, we were all standing up, and he seemed completely blown away !
There was a little tear at the end, just before he went off, and i was crying too !!
The someone screamed "when is your next album out?" and he goes, next year luv, and we all cheered !!
It was the best night of my life, and i will never forget it,
Thanks to Ray and Lauren Rose, its definatley a night i will always remember !
I didnt want it to end !

I was there *woohoo*
aztechia
aztechia
Forum schizophrenic

Back to top Go down

Post by lolsaz Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:42 pm

I was at the hammersmith one, I never wrote a review because I hadn't joined a forum yet so i've kinda forgotten it all now. It was good though lol
lolsaz
lolsaz
Secret Twin 1

Back to top Go down

Post by molly1336 Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:45 pm

thanks for posting my review, that was an amszing night Very Happy
molly1336
molly1336
Brooksider

http://www.bebo.com/x-molly-mole-x

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy16 Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:58 pm

I didn't have a computer,back then,so I didn't write a review either
mandy16
mandy16
Swinger

Back to top Go down

Post by molly1336 Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:06 am

i love reading my review, so many memories Smile
molly1336
molly1336
Brooksider

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:08 pm

I love reading other people's reviews as often they notice things I've missed Very Happy
Annie
Annie
Singing Cactus

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:26 pm

If i can find my review back on the other forum i'll post it later Smile
Jess
Jess
Singing Cactus

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy16 Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:02 pm

Thanks Jess
mandy16
mandy16
Swinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:18 pm

Its only short but i'll post it anyway Smile

WOW! what a great day! im gonna keep it quite short cuz i dont want to
bore everyone!

Firstly, when we got to oxford we went into the huge primark and i bought the t-shirt thats says "i did it my way". We then went to the theatre and asked what time he would be arriving and they said go round the back to the stage door and ask there. so we went round the back and waited for about 45mins talking to some man and then lauren rose came out about 30mns later and we were talking to her for a while (she is so lovely) and then after waiting for about 1hr30 RAY finally turned up in his bus thing and i nearly died lol he got out and was in his hoody with the hood up and looked so fab, he came over and talked to us and he knew my t-shirt was from 'primark' (in his lil scouse accent) lol and signed posters and had pictures taked!
Then the actually concert! WOW!!! i expected it to be good but it was so fantastic! i didnt want it to end. His dancing was great and the way he sung 'home' was superb. At a quiet moment in the show (which there were VERY few of) i decided to shout 'I Love you Ray' as my mate chickened out and wouldnt and he said 'I love you too' back! hehe Very Happy
We waited round the back again afterwards but there were so many people that he jus got bundled back into his tour bus by his body guard!
Jess
Jess
Singing Cactus

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy16 Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:41 pm

Great review Jess,i've never read it before
mandy16
mandy16
Swinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:35 pm

hehe! Very Happy thx!

Its kinda short though
Jess
Jess
Singing Cactus

Back to top Go down

Post by molly1336 Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:57 pm

thanks jess!
molly1336
molly1336
Brooksider

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie! Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:30 pm

Liverpool Empire

OMG!! So so so good yano. Even though it was just like last time there was still a whole lot of excitement inside me and he done a lot more talkin this time sayin like how out of everywhere he's been to no one understands him like people at Liverpool n then he was askin if he speaks fast and i dont think he does tbh. He said aswel that he believes if ur gonna cover songs then cover the best!! And he tells himself everyday without us theres no him n i thought that was dead sweet but so true. He sang YNWA too which made my day coz EVERYONE was up singin along and swayin n he held the mic out so it was just the crowd singin some lines n the atmosphere was electric. But with new york new york the people behind us made us sit down n i was reelo annoyed! Oh and anyone who says he's not into modern music was proved wrong coz when he was introducin his band someone whistled n he goes 'she she she want it' n thats off Ayo Technology if anyone knows it. I was buzzin. God dno what to write without goin off on one but afterwards we went round the back n the queue was huge but he signed everyones stuff n i got a hug so i was just chuffed. One of the best nights ever ive got to say!! Also It was funny when some girl shouted we love u ray or somethin out n he turns round n goes 'alright love, dont have a heart attack' lol

Manchester Apollo

Well well well... i dont no what to say without sayin too much and spoilin it 4 people but OMG you will not be disappointed. Our seats ended up bein 2nd row so pretty good view! The two support acts did come on first and he didnt end up comin on til like 9 ish but was well worth the wait. Sang brilliant songs and his voice is just better than ever honestly, he sand a Michael Buble song dno which one but i was blown away to say the least. His dance moves where just great aswel, them hips r still in shape. Ermm... we had a banner yeh n i was tellin me m8 2 wave it bt when she did the security man told us to take it down so we stood in the aisle bt she wudnt wave it agen but at the end the woman behind us said to her that she couldnt believe she wudnt wave it when i told her to lol Oh and when he said at the end that it was his last song everyone was gutted then he went back n EVERYONE started chantin 'we want ray' n he came back n sang the actual last song, i knew it anyway coz i was lookin 4 an outfit on him that i hadnt seen n he wore it on that last song. So wen it did actually end, the woman behind us said to us to wait til everyone had gone n go n ask 4 his water bottles coz he had left them so we did and now i have one of his bottles of water haha so sad. So after that we went outside n stood where a few people were gathered n waited 4 him some fella come out n said we cudnt get personal pics bt he'll sign everyones things and he did coz hes dead nice like that our Ray My poster is just THE BEST! and i bought this huge orange tie sayin kiss me on haha oh and a programme, there £8 but DEFFO worth gettin.

Ask me anythin u want coz i dno what else to put without spoilin it 4 everyone Brilliant night tho cant wait to go again now!

Ive got pics but im gonna upload them to my myspace then give yas the link because its easier that way and some of them r a bit blurry coz of the lights but u can see them n the ones outside have red eye on but i reeli cannot be botherd gettin rid of it all.

Just addin aswel that nobody has mentioned him singin "king of the road" it was brill too
ENJOY!

I still have the bottle of water to this day aswell Very Happy
Katie!
Katie!

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:37 pm

Thanks Katie, nice to read these again Very Happy
Annie
Annie
Singing Cactus

Back to top Go down